Restoring the Mosaic seeks to strengthen Canadian national unity by educating and informing policy-makers, legislators, and educational leaders with clinical research that will assist them to establish programs and policies that allow individuals with crises in identity to recover wholeness.
PH.D. – PHILOSOPHY OF PROFESSIONAL COUNSELLING – LIBERTY UNIVERSITY (2013)
M.A. – MASTERS OF PROFESSIONAL COUNSELLING – LIBERTY UNIVERSITY (2000)
BRE. – BACHELOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION EMMANUEL BIBLE COLLEGE (1997)
About Ann Gillies, Ph.D.
Ann E. Gillies, Ph.D., received her call to ministry in 1982. Her call and passion for ministry come from Isaiah 61: 1-3. She spent over 25 years in private counselling practice working extensively with trauma survivors, seeing lives restored and transformed. Ann retired from practice in 2019 to focus on advocacy and political reform, for the traumatized; those struggling with unwanted sexual attractions and for the most vulnerable – our children.
Ann and her husband, Bob, have a blended family of six adult children and are the proud grandparents of 12 beautiful grandchildren.
Gillies offers conferences and seminars about the causes, effects, prevention of, and responses to personal, psycho-social conflict, and publishes information on these topics.
Her emphasis is on providing accurate and truthful information in the areas of trauma, attachment, gender and sexuality.
Continuing Education & Specializations
Adult Attachment Inventory (psychometric measurement for coding early childhood attachment) University of Western Ontario – London, Ontario(2009); University of Minneapolis – Minneapolis, Minnesota (2010)
Evangelism, Healing and Deliverance – Ellel Canada(1994)
Mental Health and Family Therapy
- Family Transitions & Couple Therapy Theories, – University of Guelph (1998)
- Grief and Crisis Counselling – Toronto (1998)
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy Externship and Advanced Supervision – University of Ottawa (2001, 2002, 2003)
- Basic – Orangeville Fire Department (2001)
- Psychological First Aid (2003); Barrie CISM
- Assisting Individuals in Crisis (2004); Barrie CISM
- Pastoral Intervention (2006); BGRR – The Cove
- In His Presence (2006); BGRR – The Cove
RRT Chaplain Co-ordinator Training – Calgary AB, December 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Specializations in Teaching
CONFERENCES, SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
Complex Trauma (Sexual, Emotional and Physical)
- Anxiety, Panic and Fear
- CBT for PTSD
- Detection and Prevention of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Psychological First Aid
- Conlict and Communication
Gender & Sexuality
- The Kinsey Saga
- Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria
Grief and Loss
Marriage and Family
- Blended Families
- Early Adolescent Sex and Brain Development
- Family Losses and Personal Crisis
- Separation, Divorce and Remarriage
Therapeutic techniques for PTSD
Do you stuggle to understand today’s biggest issues with gender and sexuality?
In this condensed volume written by Ann Gillies, Ph.D. you’ll learn what today’s strongest medical research indictaes about gender and sexuality—and why no one wants you to know about it.