Restoring the Mosaic seeks to strengthen Canadian national unity by educating and informing policy-makers, legislators, and educational leaders with clinical research that will assist them to establish programs and policies that allow individuals with crises in identity to recover wholeness.
Ann Giles, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. – Philosophy Of Professional Counselling – Liberty University (2013)
- M.A. – Masters Of Professional Counselling – Liberty University (2000)
- BRE. – Bachelor Of Religious Education Emmanuel Bible College (1997)
Ann Gillies, Ph.D.
Ann E. Gillies, Ph.D., received her call to ministry in 1982. Her call and passion for ministry come from Isaiah 61: 1-3. She spent over 25 years in private counselling practice working extensively with trauma survivors, seeing lives restored and transformed. Ann retired from practice in 2019 to focus on advocacy and political reform, for the traumatized; those struggling with unwanted sexual attractions and for the most vulnerable – our children.
Ann and her husband, Bob, have a blended family of six adult children and are the proud grandparents of 12 beautiful grandchildren.
Gillies offers conferences and seminars about the causes, effects, prevention of, and responses to personal, psycho-social conflict, and publishes information on these topics.
Her emphasis is on providing accurate and truthful information in the areas of trauma, attachment, gender and sexuality.
“Dr. Ann Gillies is a Canadian trauma specialist, pastor, author, activist, speaker, rancher, wife, mother, and grandmother. Ann’s skill in clear and brave communication is broad and expertly delivered across all avenues of media as well as in person. Ann is energetic, good-natured, focused, kind, and with spine to spare. Dr. Gillies is a lover of truth and human flourishing who courageously leads the charge against falsehoods and harms in society, despite, as well as because of the personal price she has paid. Dr. Ann Gillies is the real deal.”
– Andre Van Mol, MD | Board-certified Family Physician
Co-chair, Committee on Adolescent Sexuality, American College of Pediatricians
Co-chair, Sexual and Gender Identity Task Force, Christian Medical & Dental Assoc.
More About Ann Gillies
Continuing Education & Specializations
Adult Attachment Inventory (psychometric measurement for coding early childhood attachment) University of Western Ontario – London, Ontario(2009); University of Minneapolis – Minneapolis, Minnesota (2010)
Evangelism, Healing and Deliverance – Ellel Canada(1994)
Mental Health and Family Therapy
- Family Transitions & Couple Therapy Theories, – University of Guelph (1998)
- Grief and Crisis Counselling – Toronto (1998)
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy Externship and Advanced Supervision – University of Ottawa (2001, 2002, 2003)
- Basic – Orangeville Fire Department (2001)
- Psychological First Aid (2003); Barrie CISM
- Assisting Individuals in Crisis (2004); Barrie CISM
- Pastoral Intervention (2006); BGRR – The Cove
- In His Presence (2006); BGRR – The Cove
RRT Chaplain Co-ordinator Training – Calgary AB, December 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Specializations in Teaching
Conferences, Seminars & Workshops
Complex Trauma (Sexual, Emotional and Physical)
- Anxiety, Panic and Fear
- CBT for PTSD
- Detection and Prevention of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Psychological First Aid
- Conlict and Communication
Gender & Sexuality
- The Kinsey Saga
- Rapid Onset Gender Dysphoria
Grief and Loss
Marriage and Family
- Blended Families
- Early Adolescent Sex and Brain Development
- Family Losses and Personal Crisis
- Separation, Divorce and Remarriage
– Overcoming Depression
– Therapeutic techniques for PTSD
Prayerfully Consider Partnering with Me
We are on the edge of a whole new chapter in history; with personal experiences (and identities) never imaged. There is a hunger for truth. Truth is what will turn the tide of dangerous ideologies.
Kevin Cavenaugh, Executive Director | Free to Care
Salt and Light in a Confused World
Tired and Inspired!
Subscribe to Dr. Ann’s Newsletter
Sign up in the newsletter form below to receive the latest news and updates from Dr. Ann!